Monday, July 16, 2012

Surrender

Breakneck Ridge. Picture taken by O. 
If you are anything like me, you get caught up in the daily routines, focusing on what is lacking, career goals, and weight issues. It also doesn't help that New York City is filled with people that are driven. This isn't a bad thing, actually I am a fan of having goals and dreams for yourself. But I think there a healthy balance between reaching for your goals and letting it go knowing that you have tried your best at the end of the day.  Past weekend, I went on a rigorous hiking trip with one of my close girlfriend, Liv. It ended up being close to 7 hour hike where I was forced to let go and slow down. It gave me a chance to appreciate simple things in life, such as shades (shades from the trees), flip flops, and water!  
I love the story of Oprah Winfrey and her desire to be part of the movie, Color Purple. She said  
"And the reason it was life changing for me is because in that moment of surrender, I realized that when you've done everything that you can do, when you've given it the best that you know how, you surrender it to that which is greater than yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment