Friday, June 22, 2012

I heart LA

Glen Ivy Spa in Corona
Life cannot be any more sweeter then being with a friend that completely knows and loves you the way that you are. My dearest girlfriend Monica of Oh Sweet Escape is that person that makes me feel at home. She's my bff from high school and I have been so  blessed to know her all these years. She is a woman full of creativity, life, and her spirit of giving is contagious. She inspires me to live outside of the box. I took a visit to LA where she now lives.
SLS Hotel
My first night in LA she took me to SLS hotel in Beverly Hills. It is such a LA scene full of funky decor and beautiful people. 
Nitro Coconut Floating Island
Monica loves taking me to different and unique places that you wouldn't see anywhere else. And this was no exception!  She ordered for us Nitro Coconut Floating Island which is a ladle of coconut milk that is in a form of a hard shell.  Light and yet fluffy!  It was paired with banana's and passion fruit. The taste so exotic and the flavor uniquely melts together 
Foie Gras Terrine in corn nuts, wrapped in cotton candy
I love the concept of unconventional and the next dish was exactly that. Foie gras wrapped in cotton candy. There is no way to describe it except it was so peculiar and uncanny experience in my mouth. In a very good way of course. 
The dessert bar
Couldn't resist leaving this place without capturing this amazing dessert bar! I also would love to adopt this concept for my shoes at home... haha

Mango Shaved Snow at Class 302
This dish is kind of amazing. Tucked in Rowland Heights, Class 302 serves this amazing dessert called Mango shaved snow. This just added to my obsession with Mango. It is almost like shaved ice except the consistency is much smoother almost a soft serve of mango ice cream, filled with chunks of mango, and mochi. 

Macaroons at Bottega Louie
Thank you Monica for sharing beautiful things with me.  
I love you always <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment