Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Gratitude Journal

I found myself complaining about the littlest things and getting annoyed at myself. Does that ever happen to you? Getting annoyed at own voice? I had to slap my head upside down to acknowledge that I have been blessed with so much and so fortunate to live in the States. The idea did not come from me, rather my girl Oprah who started a Gratitude Journal herself.  I wanted certain things for my life, however I need to learn to be thankful in the little things in life. So I gave myself a 30 day challenge which I hope to continue for 60, 90, and etc., to find something that I am truly appreciative of or grateful for. I want to get into a habit of appreciating things.
Today, I am thankful for:
  • For my roommate who made me coffee this morning. 
  • My class at the gym, allowing me to release some stress in the middle of the day. 
  • My AC at home. It's 104 degrees in NYC today. Thank you for the cool air.
  • For the female banker at my gym who made me laugh.
  • For Mr. Ted - his consistency and positive perspective.

P.S. The details on this fabulous card pictured above can be found here

1 comment:

  1. Seriously! What a great reminder. I think it's so much easier to complain than to be thankful. :)

    Today, I'm thankful for fruit smoothies and yogurt (so far).

    ReplyDelete