Friday, May 11, 2012

Peaches in Brooklyn

Peaches in Brooklyn

Sweet door to the restaurant

My Dearest friend Monica

Hand Dipped Flounder with Creamed Spinach

Blackened Catfish with Sweat Potato fries and grilled Lemon
I was having a really lousy week when I decided to meet with my dear friend Monica at Peaches in Brooklyn. I was swimming in my pool of negativity despite the gorgeous 65-degree sunny weather. Monica is the type of person that has always been a cheerleader and an encourager. She is full of life and this was no exception.  As we were exchanging our stories of recent happenings, she admitted that life isn’t all peaches and cotton candy, however that I have been an extraordinary being and she installed hope in me. I used to think that I would be happy only if I had “X” but only to realize that it isn’t those things that make you happy, rather it’s the moments in between such as friends like Monica and delicious meals in Brooklyn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment