Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Home cooked

I don't know at what point I realized I didn't like cooking. I mean, give me a lazy Sunday morning and I will make you a fantastic brunch but somehow the concept of cooking for myself has become less appealing. Perhaps it's because I have gotten used to the abundance of foods in NYC or perhaps I have gotten lazy. Possible explanation. In college, I used to host dinners and make meals for my roommates but for me to boil an egg now seems impossible. Cooking has become work and not an enjoyable task. 
That is why I really appreciate and love home cooked meals. I really admire people who take their time in thinking and preparing a meal. Mr. T. one morning made this amazing brunch with some french bread and apples. He made french toast, sliced some apples over skillet, and added cinnamon. We didn't have any maple syrup but honey worked just as well.  It was perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment