Wednesday, February 22, 2012

9.11 Memorial

New York is a beautiful city. Sure there are moments during my morning commute that I want to manslaughter every being that cuts in front of me, but surely I always wriggle back into the arms of her.
This past weekend, I had the chance to visit the 9.11 Memorial.  I wasn’t sure what to expect however getting into the memorial was like security checkpoint at the airports.  Kind of silly I say. But you don't have to take off your shoes! Lol! Once you enter into the memorial, there are two massive fountains that represent the towers and along with engraved names of those who lost their lives.  This is absolutely a stunning, jaw dropping piece of architectural work, however Mr. T & I could not help but to think about the resources that was poured into this project.  Yes we want to respect the victims, but couldn’t part of the money be used to assist those families that are still recovering?
This picture was taken shortly after at the South Street Sea Port. There are just no words but of kindness in the waters, the lights, and remembering that I am so blessed.
This is Mr. T. He stopped and offered to take a picture for these ladies from England, while of course I just passed right by them. I even asked him at one point why he would do such a thing? Yes, I fit the New Yorker stereotype, sometimes.  Then I realized he is just a nice guy who want's to help out when he can, even if it is helping these ladies capture a moment in NYC :)
By the way, their back drop was that skyline in the second picture.
Today is Ash Wednesday, first day of Lent. I am not sure if I am giving up anything but surely would like to grow into a better person... perhaps stopping to take pictures for people :)

No comments:

Post a Comment