Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Vesta




New York City is big. You may be the little fish in a big pond.  I surely was. Overwhelmed by the size, people, choices, and personality. Four years in this city and I am at a place where I call this home. It’s really the little things that make the whole experience rich.  I have my “go-to” places from coffee shops, bagel store, nail salon, dentist, and Saturday morning running routes. And to make my circle complete, I have found my go-to brunch place.  Really? Brunch?! Well if you know anything about New York, it’s that there real brunch culture that’s true to its etymological origins.  It’s perfect! New Yorkers, we sleep late and wake up late. New York really trumps at the art of this meal.

Vesta, an Italian Restaurant & wine Bar is tucked away in a busy area is definitely a local gem. They are committed to the local green market that means all the ingredients are from local farmers.  This also serves as a special place because I have taken, essentially everyone that I love here. From my best girlfriends to out of towners. This also serves as a special place because Mr. T and I had our first brunch here!

Pictured above is the Hangover pizza that features potato, pancetta, sausage, fried eggs & spicy tomato sauce.  The egg on that pizza just does something to you! My favorite is the Warm Bankie.  It tastes just like the name.  Warm like a blanket wrapped around you. It has layers of polenta then topped with asparagus, mushrooms & truffle oil. Oh and fried egg on that as well.

The staff here is really friendly and very welcoming. I’ll probably take a visit this weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. this looks amazing!!! please take me here when i visit next! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll totally take you there!! Come come come!!

      Delete