Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Biggest Accomplishment: 26.2 Miles

Picking up our packets for the Run

  
Running a marathon is super hard. I didn't get what you call a "runners high" but for some odd reason 50,000 + people of the craziest people have dedicated themselves to run the Chicago Marathon. I being the one of them. The greatest thing about running a marathon is the diet. My meals consisted of 80% carbs and 20% protein! I didn't gain a single pound however did not loose either. I was pretty good in sticking to the training schedule however my knees have definitely seen better days. 

What did I learn through this experience? 

1. Having your loved one as one of your cheerleaders is really the best
2. I will never run a marathon ever again.
3. Marathon training does not equal loosing weight. 
4. I really can do anything if I commit myself. 
5. Stretch stretch stretch! They are the answer to most pains! 

1 comment:

  1. Who cares about losing weight?!?! You did something SOO amazing that so many others would never be able to do! :D :D :D

    I'm super duper proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete